Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Hay is in the Barn

We’re getting so close to race day. Tapering is difficult. Training and eating patterns change. I actually feel a little lethargic. Aches and pains start appearing as the body says, “Thanks for the rest… I think I’ll take this opportunity to heal!”

On Sunday I burned some nervous energy by competing in the Lums Pond (Delaware) sprint triathlon. In many respects it was a break through experience. My first sprint triathlon since 2005 and the first one I can remember not being passed by anyone on the bike. I followed a 23.5 mph, 19.5 mile ride with a 3 mile run in 18:36. Big time numbers for me. I finished 24th out of 408 in a very competitive field. Not bad considering that my transitions were excessively slow compared to the fast guys.

So my training is done. The hay is in the barn, as the saying goes.

If you have any inclination to give to my cause – Bridge of Hope of Lancaster & Chester Counties – please give now by clicking on the ”Donate to Bridge of Hope” button to the right. They could use more hay in their barn. And the more hay I raise, the more matching funds Janus will kick into their coffers.

Thanks so much to all who have donated. We’re currently just shy of $3,000. :)

No comments: