Friday, July 4, 2008

June Wrap-up

I had a really great month, starting with another camp in Lake Placid. Seeing the campers training for their Ironman events gave me the fever again and I signed on for the Chesapeakeman Ultra in late September.

This week I had my best cycling power test... ever. My fitness is really kicking in and I'm only 7 watts and 2 pounds short of my pre-medical condition season goal of hitting 4.0 watts/kg functional threshold power. I thought it was a stretch goal at the time. After my heart issue I thought it might never happen, let alone this year. Now sitting at 3.8 w/kg my motto has become "I can." I'm amazed and very thankful... and having loads of fun!

Athletic accomplishments of the month:

First 100-mile ride of the season.
Six other rides greater than 50 miles.
Long run at 1:45.
First 3x swim week of the season.
56-1/2 hours trained.

My goals for July are pretty ambitious... Run 5x/week by end of month, consistently swim 3x/week, long run up to 2:30, hit all ride targets on my plan.

I can, I can, I can...

No comments: