Sunday, February 24, 2008

So far, so good

I managed to cram 11-workouts into 7-1/2 hours of training this week. This schedule is very manageable and will prevent me from overtraining. Assuming my cardiac response remains strong, I’ll definitely be heading into this season under-trained and over-motivated.

My training philosophy comes courtesy of the folks at Endurance Nation (see links on right). Right now I’m using frequent short runs to build some aerobic foundation. My cycling consists of targeted interval sessions - all on the trainer. I got in the water twice this week, with one 3x300 fitness test and one drill session.

Two months off of the bike has cost me about 10% power output. I’m hoping to reach intermediate power plateaus pretty quickly. It won’t be easy but my motivation is high.

I’m enjoying myself these days and look forward to every session. I’m committed to remaining well rested and hydrated. Those are my two primary goals. I’ve made an oath not to let the training happen if those two essential components aren’t already in place. So far, so good! Thanks for checking in…

No comments: