Monday, September 14, 2009

Positive Feedback


First off, no announcement yet. It's looking like October 6th or so. Stay tuned...

The Lancaster YMCA Speedwell Forge race went really well on Saturday. I raced hard for more than 2 hours without any AFIB and FINALLY broke through for a podium spot by finishing 2nd in my age group and 15th overall. My tri club showed up in force, earning 5 podium positions - and 6 if you count local pro Andrew Yoder as part of the club (a stretch, for sure!).

Of note: I raced without a watch. The gun went off and I just went. My strategy? Get out front and stay there. It worked and was a blast! My fastest swim pace EVER. A solid ride, too, during which I averaged riding at 95% of my guesstimated threshold pace. The run hurt from the first few steps but I kept it going & put together my fastest tri run pace EVER. This no watch thing is the bomb for short course racing... Was totally focused on perceived effort.

I never thought I'd race shorter distances like this again. Soooo thankful and so fun! My '09 summary: 2 podium spots, a half marathon PR, and a solid IM70.3. I'd say the Endurance Nation training & execution philosophy is working out just fine.


A wince as I make my way thru the mud in front of the finish line!


Training buddy Ryan approaching the finish.


Training buddy Shane.


Training buddy Don.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's to the podium! Well done!