Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day Run


An easy 5 mile trot this morning with a few hardy Hempfield Triathlon Club souls. Lousy cell phone photo, but I'm wearing a Penn State football jersey & Stephanie's wearing a "Happy New Year" sign and party streamers. We turned a few heads in our 2F wind chilled weather.

So ends my Endurance Nation Holiday Run Challenge. 48 miles in 8 days. Not extreme mileage, but a good early season strength-builder. I alternated easy days with hard track interval sessions. My speed is actually better than it was in the middle of the summer. No more running for a few days... It's back to the cycling "pain cave" for a little while!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Endurance Nation said...

great job dan! you are tougher man than me!

dan kerr said...

I'll accept the "great job" comment, but ignore the "tougher" comment. Gimme a break!